1 Young woman (20’s – 30’s)
1 Heaping broken relationship
1 Small town
1-2 Close relatives
1 Supernatural element
1-2 Cops, to taste
1 Adorable pet
1 Love interest (may add multiple)
Computer (any brand)
MAKES 1 COZY MYSTERY
- Fold the broken relationship into the young woman, and move her to the new, small town with a close relative.
- Set the scene for a murder, ensuring the young woman remains nearby.
- Throw in a couple of incompetent cops, and let the young woman rise to the challenge of solving the murders herself.
- Put an adorable pet in the young woman’s life for companionship and comedic value.
- Add a love interest.
- Blend in a twist or two to surprise the reader’s senses.
- Sprinkle good food and lots of charm on top!
- Two love interests may be added, depending on desired taste, but adding in multiple often results in a love triangle.
- If planning to make multiple cozy mysteries, it helps to have an overarching story, usually something involving the young woman’s parents.
- The supernatural element can be added at any time during the process.